Change and How to Deal with It Course Details
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Accept there are no normal or abnormal ways of reacting to change, but that we must start from where we are.
- See change not as something to be feared and resisted but as an essential element of the world to be accepted.
- Understand that adapting to change is not technical but attitudinal. Change is not an intellectual issue but one that strikes at who you are.
- Recognize that before we can embrace the way things will be, we must go through a process of grieving, and of letting go of the way things used to be.
- See change as an opportunity for self-motivation and innovation.
- Identify strategies for helping change be accepted and implemented in the workplace.
Price:$183.80 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Note: information may change without notice.
About Change and How to Deal with It
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Change?
- To begin the day, we will discuss some basics of change, including definitions and examples.
- The Change Cycle
- During this session, we will explore the three phases of William Bridges' change cycle through lecture and small group work.
- The Human Reaction to Change
- This session will look at Daryl Conner's interpretation of the human response to change through lecture and small group work.
- The Pace of Change
- We will look at how different people react to change in different ways and at different times through a lecture and a case study.
- The Pyramid Response to Change
- We will examine how employees, middle management, and upper management are affected by change.
- A Four Room Apartment
- This session will look at change using Claes Janssen's four room apartment model.
- Dealing with Resistance
- During this session, we will examine the three keys to successful change.
- Adapting to Change
- This session will discuss how to become resilient to change through a lecture, personal case studies, and small group discussion.
- Strategies for Dealing with Change
- Now that we have looked at change using a number of models, we will look at five strategies that can help you deal with change.
- Managing Anger
- Change often makes people feel angry. We will look at some ways of dealing with our own anger and the anger of others through lecture and small group work.
- Managing Stress
- Change can also make people feel stressed. During this session, we will look at some stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Tue 30 Jan 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Tue 20 Mar 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Thu 3 May 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Mon 6 Aug 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Tue 13 Nov 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|