One of the most overlooked aspect of any new business intervention or project is the need to manage change. People are for the most part resistant to change and if they do not buy into your proposal it will most likely fail. Any organisation will benefit from intentional change management, as change itself is of course inevitable.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Accept there are no normal or abnormal ways of reacting to change, but that we must start from where we are.
- See change not as something to be feared and resisted but as an essential element of the world to be accepted.
- Understand that adapting to change is not technical but attitudinal. Change is not an intellectual issue but one that strikes at who you are.
- Recognize that before we can embrace the way things will be, we must go through a process of grieving, and of letting go of the way things used to be.
- See change as an opportunity for self-motivation and innovation.
- Identify strategies for helping change be accepted and implemented in the workplace.
Calculate DiscountI will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $22.99)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Cost$229.90 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Potential Change managers, Project Managers, Line Managers.
We recommens that you attend the self mastery course first. Some exposure to either project management, line management, or supervision.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Change?
- To begin the day, we will discuss some basics of change, including definitions and examples.
- The Change Cycle
- During this session, we will explore the three phases of William Bridges' change cycle through lecture and small group work.
- The Human Reaction to Change
- This session will look at Daryl Conner's interpretation of the human response to change through lecture and small group work.
- The Pace of Change
- We will look at how different people react to change in different ways and at different times through a lecture and a case study.
- The Pyramid Response to Change
- We will examine how employees, middle management, and upper management are affected by change.
- A Four Room Apartment
- This session will look at change using Claes Janssen's four room apartment model.
- Dealing with Resistance
- During this session, we will examine the three keys to successful change.
- Adapting to Change
- This session will discuss how to become resilient to change through a lecture, personal case studies, and small group discussion.
- Strategies for Dealing with Change
- Now that we have looked at change using a number of models, we will look at five strategies that can help you deal with change.
- Managing Anger
- Change often makes people feel angry. We will look at some ways of dealing with our own anger and the anger of others through lecture and small group work.
- Managing Stress
- Change can also make people feel stressed. During this session, we will look at some stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.