This course mirrors our Professional Supervisor Course but steps up the concepts and principles of healthy leadership to management level. Delegates will understand clearly where the difference between supervising and managing lie and concepts of management roles and responsibilities are covered.
Specific learning objectives include:
- Clarify the scope and nature of a management position vs supervisory roles.
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a manager, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
- Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
Cost$689.70 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Any person new to management and leading teams in a business environment. Anyone who has managed for some time but needs to improve or refresh on communication skills with team members and subordinates.
Business experience dealing with teams is essential and some leadership experience would be beneficial.
Course Outline / Curriculum
Session 1: Course Overview
Session 2: Adjusting to Your Role
Session 3: A Manager’s Responsibilities
The BICEP Model in brief
Session 4: Leadership
The Action-Centered Leadership Model
Session 5: Setting Goals
Creating a Well-formed Outcome:
Session 6: Effective Planning
Definition of planning
How does one plan well?
Session 7: Defining Leadership
What is Leadership?
Brief History of Leadership Studies
The Leadership Formula
Session 8: The Situational Leadership Model
Which Leadership Style are you Using?
Session 9: Personality Type
Session 10: Team Building
Advantages and Disadvantages of Teams
Session 11: Developing a High-Performing Team
The Five Stages of Team Development
Helping to Develop a Team
Team Problem Solving
Session 12: Communication Skills
Active Listening Skills
Session 13: Motivating Employees
Session 14: Orientation and Onboarding
Session 15: Providing Feedback
Six Characteristics of Effective Feedback
Session 16: Doing Delegation Right
Delegation Role Plays
Session 17: Dealing with Conflict
The Conflict Resolution Process
Collaborative Problem Solving
The Problem-Solving Process
Session 18: Managing Disciplinary Issues
Session 19: Dealing with Stress
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.