This course will assist you in understanding and implementing strategies that will help to motivate your work force.
You will identify motivation and the factors that influence it. You will also implement managerial strategies to increase employee motivation, to improve job performance, and ultimately to create a self-motivated work force.
Cost$207.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
This course is intended for new managers, especially those with direct reports, who are responsible for increasing employee motivation and job performance.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- What is Motivation?
- To begin, participants will explore motivation through a fun activity.
- Supervising and Motivation
- Next, we will look at three everyday objects that represent three approaches to motivation: the carrot, the whip, and the plant.
- Motivational Theories
- During this session, participants will explore Maslow's and Herzberg's theories of motivation.
- Fear and Desire
- For the pre-assignment, participants were asked to answer some personal questions about motivation. During this session, they will discuss their responses.
- Setting Goals
- Goal setting is an important part of motivation. This session will look at a SMART way of setting goals.
- The Role of Values
- During this session, participants will explore their feelings about various motivational factors.
- Creating a Motivational Climate
- This session will look at the reinforcement theory, also called the behavioral theory, of motivation.
- Expectancy Theory
- Next, participants will learn about the expectancy theory through a fun exercise and group discussion.
- Applying Your Skills
- During this session, participants will work on several motivational case studies.
- Designing Motivating Jobs
- This session will explore methods of designing (or redesigning) motivating jobs.
- A Motivational Checklist
- To wrap up the day, we will look at the ten things you can do to motivate employees on a daily basis.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan
- Understanding Motivation Topic
- Recognise the Importance of Motivation Topic
- Assess Employee Motivation Levels Topic
- Meet Employee Motivational Needs Lesson
- Motivating Employees Topic
- Retain Good Employees Topic
- Communicate Effectively Topic
- Clarify Expectations Topic
- Provide Effective Feedback Topic 2E: Establish Goals Topic
- Choose Rewards
- Encouraging Self Motivation in Employees Topic
- Encourage Self Motivation Topic
- Create a Bond with the Organization Topic
- Provide Professional Growth Opportunities Topic
- Build a Sense of Accomplishment Topic
- Encourage Enthusiasm
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.