Coaching: A Leadership Skill Course Details
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Use coaching to develop their team
- Develop the coaching skills that help improve individual performance
- Demonstrate the behaviors and practices of an effective coach
- Recognize employees' strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
- Identify employee problems and ways you can help to correct them
Price:$198.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Note: information may change without notice.
About Coaching: A Leadership Skill
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Defining Coaching
- The first part of the morning will be spent exploring what coaching means (in general and to participants), reviewing coaching skills, and evaluating the pre-assignment.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Communicating well is a key aspect of successful coaching. During this session, participants will explore different communication skills and create an action plan.
- Joe Luft and Harry Ingham developed the Johari windows concept, a way of looking at our self-awareness and our ability to ask feedback of others. This session will look at the window and examine how we can use it when coaching.
- Critical Coaching Skills
- Participants will examine important coaching skills in small groups, including helping, mentoring, teaching, and challenging skills.
- More on Communication
- This mini-lecture will examine two powerful, simple coaching tools: asking questions and listening.
- Learning Styles and Principles
- We learn in three different ways: by seeing, by hearing, and by doing. In a large group discussion, participants will identify ways to incorporate these methods into coaching.
- During this session, we will examine a tool that coaches can use to help gain buy-in for change from employees.
- Skills Involved in Coaching
- Participants will work in small groups to complete a mix-and-match exercise that will familiarize them with key coaching skills.
- The Coaching Model
- This session will explore a four-step coaching model that can be applied to any situation.
- Feedback is an essential component of coaching. You will discuss types of feedback and offer some tips in lecture format during this session.
- Coaching Problems
- To wrap up the day, participants will examine case studies and offer solutions.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.