Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below or email email@example.com.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Use coaching to develop their team
- Develop the coaching skills that help improve individual performance
- Demonstrate the behaviors and practices of an effective coach
- Recognize employees' strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
- Identify employee problems and ways you can help to correct them
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Anyone who would like to learn the skill of coaching as a tool to build people / employees and lead them to reach personal goals and make better decisions. This would suit any person in a leadership position.
Some leadership experience would be useful. Beneficial for the delegate to have attended the Self-Actualization and Finding Strengths Course first.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Defining Coaching
- The first part of the morning will be spent exploring what coaching means (in general and to participants), reviewing coaching skills, and evaluating the pre-assignment.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Communicating well is a key aspect of successful coaching. During this session, participants will explore different communication skills and create an action plan.
- Joe Luft and Harry Ingham developed the Johari windows concept, a way of looking at our self-awareness and our ability to ask feedback of others. This session will look at the window and examine how we can use it when coaching.
- Critical Coaching Skills
- Participants will examine important coaching skills in small groups, including helping, mentoring, teaching, and challenging skills.
- More on Communication
- This mini-lecture will examine two powerful, simple coaching tools: asking questions and listening.
- Learning Styles and Principles
- We learn in three different ways: by seeing, by hearing, and by doing. In a large group discussion, participants will identify ways to incorporate these methods into coaching.
- During this session, we will examine a tool that coaches can use to help gain buy-in for change from employees.
- Skills Involved in Coaching
- Participants will work in small groups to complete a mix-and-match exercise that will familiarize them with key coaching skills.
- The Coaching Model
- This session will explore a four-step coaching model that can be applied to any situation.
- Feedback is an essential component of coaching. You will discuss types of feedback and offer some tips in lecture format during this session.
- Coaching Problems
- To wrap up the day, participants will examine case studies and offer solutions.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.