Motivation Training: Motivating Your Workforce Course Details
This workshop will help you teach participants:
- What motivation is
- Common motivational theories and how to apply them
- About the carrot, the whip, and the plant
- How fear and desire affect employee motivation
- Ways to create a motivational climate and design a motivating job
Price:$183.80 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Note: information may change without notice.
About Motivation Training: Motivating Your Workforce
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Motivation?
- To begin, participants will explore motivation through a fun activity.
- Supervising and Motivation
- Next, we will look at three everyday objects that represent three approaches to motivation: the carrot, the whip, and the plant.
- Motivational Theories
- During this session, participants will explore Maslow's and Herzberg's theories of motivation.
- Fear and Desire
- For the pre-assignment, participants were asked to answer some personal questions about motivation. During this session, they will discuss their responses.
- Setting Goals
- Goal setting is an important part of motivation. This session will look at a SMART way of setting goals.
- The Role of Values
- During this session, participants will explore their feelings about various motivational factors.
- Creating a Motivational Climate
- This session will look at the reinforcement theory, also called the behavioral theory, of motivation.
- Expectancy Theory
- Next, participants will learn about the expectancy theory through a fun exercise and group discussion.
- Applying Your Skills
- During this session, participants will work on several motivational case studies.
- Designing Motivating Jobs
- This session will explore methods of designing (or redesigning) motivating jobs.
- A Motivational Checklist
- To wrap up the day, we will look at the ten things you can do to motivate employees on a daily basis.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.