Specific learning objectives include:
- Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
- Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
Cost$689.70 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Course Outline / Curriculum
Session 1: Course Overview
Session 2: Adjusting to Your Role
Session 3: A Supervisor’s Responsibilities
The BICEP Model in brief
Session 4: Leadership
The Action-Centered Leadership Model
Session 5: Setting Goals
Creating a Well-formed Outcome:
Session 6: Effective Planning
Definition of planning
How does one plan well?
Session 7: Defining Leadership
What is Leadership?
Brief History of Leadership Studies
The Leadership Formula
Session 8: The Situational Leadership Model
Which Leadership Style are you Using?
Session 9: Personality Type
Session 10: Team Building
Advantages and Disadvantages of Teams
Session 11: Developing a High-Performing Team
The Five Stages of Team Development
Helping to Develop a Team
Team Problem Solving
Session 12: Communication Skills
Active Listening Skills
Session 13: Motivating Employees
Session 14: Orientation and Onboarding
Session 15: Providing Feedback
Six Characteristics of Effective Feedback
Session 16: Doing Delegation Right
Delegation Role Plays
Session 17: Dealing with Conflict
The Conflict Resolution Process
Collaborative Problem Solving
The Problem-Solving Process
Session 18: Supervising Disciplinary Issues
Session 19: Dealing with Stress
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Wed 18 Jul 2018||3 Day||Scheduled||
|Wed 5 Sep 2018||3 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Wed 7 Nov 2018||3 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Wed 5 Dec 2018||3 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|