This workshop will help you teach participants:
- The value of succession planning for successful businesses.
- The key elements of a succession plan in terms of roles, responsibility, function, scope, and evaluation.
Cost$249.90 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Or bring your own PC
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Business leaders, business owners, managers
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- A Need for Succession Planning
- To begin, participants will explore the differences between succession planning and replacement hiring, including some of the advantages of succession planning.
- Defining a Succession Plan
- This session introduces the SUCCESS acronym, which defines the succession plan process that the remainder of the course will focus on.
- Pre-Assignment Review
- Next, participants will use information gathered in their pre-assignment to identify the critical people in their organization.
- Identifying Resources and Analyzing Risks
- This session will give participants some tools to identify internal and external successors. We will also look at a sample risk assessment.
- Defining Roles, Responsibilities, and Functions
- During this session, participants will start creating risk assessments, individualized engagement plans, and succession plan profiles.
- Gathering Information
- This session will help participants identify ways to look within their own organizations and determine what the critical positions are.
- Forecasting Needs
- There are six key ingredients to being able to forecast what people you will need when. Participants will explore each item in small groups. Participants will also learn about the role of coaching and mentoring.
- Putting the Plan Together
- Next, participants will learn about using Appreciative Inquiry and Leadership Quality Assessments to develop a succession plan.
- Putting the Plan into Action
- During this session, participants will explore the idea of phased implementation. We will also look at using technology to facilitate putting the plan into action.
- Evaluating and Reviewing the Plan
- This session will look at the importance of evaluation. Participants will also work on modifying an evaluation checklist to suit their organization's needs.
- Your Action Plan
- To wrap up the day, participants will identify their next steps and participate in a review exercise.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out feedback forms.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.