Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below or email email@example.com.
Specific objectives of this workshop include:
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job.
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance you can handle the position.
- Develop skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Develop a technique for giving employees clear instructions.
- Identify techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints, and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
AudienceSupervisors, managers, team leaders, business owners
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Pre-Assignment Review
- To begin, participants will discuss their pre-assignment in small groups.
- Making the Transition
- Next, participants will discuss how their role will change when they become a supervisor. They will also work on developing solutions to common concerns of new supervisors, such as, "How do I make sure employees recognize my new role and respect my position as a supervisor?"
- Responsibilities of a Supervisor
- During this session, participants will explore their three main areas of responsibility. They will also work through two case studies.
- Setting Goals
- This session will help participants set some SMART goals to help them succeed.
- Planning for Success
- Next, participants will discuss the value of short and long range planning.
- Listening Skills
- During this session, participants will learn about and practice active listening skills.
- Asking Questions
- This session will help participants develop another key communication skill: asking good questions.
- Giving Feedback
- Giving feedback is one of the most important skills for a supervisor, yet it can be the trickiest and most difficult management task. This session will help participants master this invaluable skill.
- Ask for What You Want
- Next, participants will learn some ways to ask for what they want, whether it's more staff, better resources, or a pay raise.
- Giving Instructions
- This session will give participants five keys to giving good instructions.
- Orders, Requests, and Suggestions
- During this session, participants will learn about these three specific types of instructions.
- Managing Conflict
- Unfortunately, supervisors are often called in to mediate conflicts. Participants will learn two different processes for managing conflict, and then they will practice those processes during a skill building exercise.
- Dealing with Difficult Employees
- Next, participants will discuss how to deal with four common types of problem employees: the over-dependent employee, the lazy employee, the hostile employee, and the chronic complainer.
- Dealing with Others
- This session will give participants some general tips to remember when dealing with others, including power talk and the rules of likeability.
- The Reciprocal Quality of Relationships
- To wrap up the day, participants will explore their personal network and how to be a positive influence in it.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.