The programme explores with leaders a systematic approach to coaching in order to further support and develop individual effectiveness in line with their role and the business goals.
Calculate DiscountI will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $45.98)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
The workshop is appropriate for all leaders, supervisors and managers who are involved in coaching officially or simply want to obtain skills to grow and develop their teams
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Part 1: The Concept of Coaching Define coaching.
- Explore coaching as a tool to unlock performance in your organisation. Explore the magic of a coaching climate and how to create one.
- Part 2: The Coaching Process.
- Understand the Coaching Process to change and sustain desired behaviour, to have challenging conversations and to create effective relationships. Identify a coaching model and practice using it. Identify the different hats in the coaching process and how to manage each one effectively. The critical role of self awareness in the coaching process. Understand how mental models impact on the coaching process.
- Part 3: Facilitating the Coaching Process.
- Engage in behaviours that relate to the facilitating role. Build rapport and develop trusting relationships. Apply a listening model to enable the coaching process. Apply the GROW model to manage the coaching process. Understand the impact of the Galatea Effect on the coaching process.
- Part 4: Instructing During the Coaching Process.
- Engage in behaviours that support the role of Instructing. Use a model for skills transfer Provide constructive feedback. Provide effective recognition and praise.
- Part 5: Managing the Coaching Process.
- Engage in behaviours that support the management of the coaching process. Recognise coaching opportunities. Examine the role of visibility and MBWA in ensuring the success of the coaching process. Integrate your coaching sessions into your organisations Performance Development process. Use relevant coaching documents such as coaching logs. Ensure alignment of recognition and reward processes to coaching. Part 6: Keeping the Momentum Create a personal action plan with SMART goals. Conduct a series of successful coaching conversation with your coachee. Complete a coaching log and obtain feedback.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.